All churches in this benefice take safeguarding and privacy matters seriously
The Parishes of this benefice have all adopted the House of Bishops’ ‘Promoting a Safer Church: Safeguarding Policy Statement’ (as given below).
A list of contact details including the Diocesan Safeguarding Team, the Parish Safeguarding Officer and other agencies who are able to help with child and adult safeguarding issues can be found below.
This policy will be reviewed annually by the PCCs of the benefice and a report given to the Annual Parochial Church Meetings by the parish representative in order that the policy might be monitored.
1. We recognize that everyone has different levels of vulnerability and that each of us may be regarded as vulnerable at some time in our lives.
2. As members of this parish we commit ourselves to respectful pastoral care for all adults to whom we minister.
3. We commit ourselves to the safeguarding of people who may be vulnerable, ensuring their well-being in the life of this church.
4. We commit ourselves to promoting safe practice by those in positions of trust.
5. The parish commits itself to promoting the inclusion and empowerment of people who may be vulnerable.
6. It is the responsibility of each of us to prevent the physical, verbal, emotional, financial, sexual, institutional and spiritual abuse of vulnerable people and to report any such abuse that we discover or suspect.
7. We undertake to exercise proper care in the appointment and selection of those who will work with people who may be vulnerable.
8. The parish is committed to supporting, resourcing, training and regularly reviewing those who undertake work amongst people who may be vulnerable.
9. The parish adopts the guidelines of the Church of England and the Diocese.
10. Each person who works with vulnerable people will agree to abide by these recommendations and the guidelines established by this church.
Rector Revd William Prescott Tel – 01962 714551
Safeguarding Officer firstname.lastname@example.org
Diocesan Safeguarding team 01962 737317
Out of Hours Service – 0300 555 1373 email@example.com
NSPCC For adults concerned about a child – 0808 800 5000 Childline For children and young people – 0800 1111
Action on Elder Abuse Helpline – 0808 808 8141 24
National Domestice Violence Helpline 0808 2000 247
NAPAC Offer support and advice to adult survivors of childhood abuse 0808 801 0331
Stop It Now Preventing child sexual abuse 0808 1000 900
National Domestic Violence Helpline 0808 2000 247